Friday, March 26

{photo by davina + daniel}

MUSH ALERT: I'm about to get cheesier than I ever have on this blog so watch out.

Yesterday was my and Captain's five year anniversary. It's kind of crazy to think about...I was such a baby when we first got together! I feel like I am a completely different person...a better person...because of our relationship. Before we found each other again (it's a long story) I was kind of a hot mess. I was pretty self-destructive and miserable. Though I always had the best of intentions I would somehow end up making very poor choices. When Captain and I got together, I finally felt like I deserved this life. He is so driven and caring and generous and good...it just rubbed off on me. I feel like a complete person now when before there was always something missing. Without him, I would have never had the guts to move to California and away from the life I was used to and I would have never had the confidence to do a lot of the things I had always dreamt about but been too fearful to go after.


Thanks, babe, for supporting me and loving me and going on adventures with me for the past five years. You're the best.

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!

    Garsh, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Isn't that the entire point of love? Having someone who brings out the best in you?

    Those are beautiful photos. I'm so happy for you.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shit, you just made me cry a little bit :) you two are beauties. happy 5th!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on five! i saw your photos posted elsewhere, and they were gorgeous. so happy for you that you have such a caring & sweet husband -- they are the best blessings girls like us could ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, congrats on five. :) you guys are so sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. Im glad you found someone who makes you feel like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! These are amazing. Congrats on the anniversary and here's to many many more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, that's definitely some mush I can appreciate. Congratulations to you both on the first five years of a great life together.

    ReplyDelete